falleNwordSoFraWedgYwisdoM

Monday, August 09, 2004

The Greatest Liar And Redemption

Tomorrow promised me a better day,
But he lied, he's adept at that.
Cheating my soul, exhibits my foolishness,
And blinding my eyes with wool that's cold

I don't ever speak to him this days,
But one from billions is no great loss (LIE)
He survives on the brightest optimism,
And dies at the slightest scorn.

My hopes are invested in someone else,
Reaping more returns, keeping joy close.
Not too far from my troubled mind,
With a little something to call my own.

But Love and Hopes flicker like all else,
Something should be done, lest they die.
But for the moment I'll hold you close,
And whisper sweet nothings into your troubled mind.

Believe me, the basket's big enough,
To keep all them eggs.
But if by some folly, the basket falls,
Then I guess it's worth it that they all break.

Commitment is a virtue. Man's desires may be plolygamous, but his resolve can be a sharp razor.