falleNwordSoFraWedgYwisdoM

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Joke #1

I am living my days away from you.
From any bits and bobs that might fuel
A complete resurgence of memories.
They keep grating on my consiousness
And I feel a need
To push them away, keep them at bay.
So I fill my days with worthless nothings.
At least they help to take my mind
Away from what once meant a lot.
But with time I will meltdown, fallout,
As only what's filled to the brim can.
And I'll question with bitterness,
Why I even tried so hard,
To maintain something that was never there.
I believe I am breathing poisoned air,
While I'm called as an heir to the throne of despair.
But I can only be a weak ruler,
Soon overthrown by happier elements.
That is when I'll fade into obscurity,
The only place to live the best days of my life, I think,
In the emptiest of haze,
Formed by the burning of hopes,
The death of heretics at the stake.